Very poor customer service!

ManuelaC's review of Asda www.asda.co.uk

“Very poor customer service!”

Written on: 19/06/2021 by ManuelaC (1 review written)

No more ordering with Asda, back to Lidl and Tesco!!!
I usually do online shopping and choose click & collect.
Today I received some calls from a number which I didn’t recognise and because I was putting the baby to sleep couldn’t answer. I’ve sent him a message saying that he should call my husband if it’s so urgent and I’ve let my husband know as well that someone is calling me desperately. My husband sent me a message after saying that it’s the driver with the groceries, but because I didn’t answer he took them to the collection point. I thought that was so kind of him to bring them home when we did a click & collect order and was a little bit upset that he didn’t ring the bell. This was around 16 o’clock. The pick up slot was between 18:00-20:00. At 19:30 when my husband went to pick up the groceries, surprise-surprise, they didn’t have them. I called the driver to ask him where my groceries were and he said that because I didn’t answer he took them back to Asda. I said that he wasn’t supposed to do that because I had a click and collect order so he needed to take them to Northolt Petrol Station. After he said that he can’t talk anymore because he is driving. I asked him his name and he hung up the phone. At this point I was so upset. It was nearly 20:00 and needed to get my children to bed, but instead I had to chase my groceries around. I called customer service and the only solution to my problem was to give me a refund and to order again. This when I told him that tomorrow I have my husband’s and daughter’s birthday party. I also told him that I will give him the driver’s phone number in order for this issue to be resolved tonight and he said that he can’t call the driver. So, in my opinion he didn’t try at all to help me with my problem. An order of £150!!! He said that I sounded so frustrated and that I shouldn’t be shouting anymore. How the hell was I supposed to be feeling?!
Very disappointed and it’s not the first time. It is the first complaint though and the last one ‘cause no more shopping with them for sure.
I’m also sure they won’t take into consideration this complaint, I can see a lot of other complaints, but I hope that nobody else will have to go through this again.
You really need to improve your customer service and train your staff to find better solutions to your customers’ issues.

• Goods purchased & cost