I like Findmypast best

RishiSmith365's review of FindMyPast.co.uk - www.findmypast.co.uk

“I like Findmypast best”

Written on: 21/11/2017 by RishiSmith365 (1 review written)

On the whole I like Findmypast, and I feel I can trust the results that come up. They have more and more original images which is brilliant, and the monthly subscription price is good for what I want (Britain before 1900). I find the new site less easy to use and a bit slower as you have to uncheck one search criterion (e.g. parish baptism), wait for the site to reload and then check another criterion (e.g. parish marriage) when you want to swap from one to another. Also I would REALLY like to have search fields for father's christian name and mother's christian name when searching for baptism records ... at the moment I put a father's or mother's christian name into the optional keywords field, which of course doesn't give the option of an alternative spelling, and you can only put a father OR a mother's name, not both. Having said all that, I still like FMP better than other sites - much less confusing and I trust it more. Love the newspapers too, have found loads of stuff I couldn't have found elsewhere.