Good company gone bad

StephenRussell2020's review of Serenata Flowers, www.serenataflowers.com

“Good company gone bad”

Written on: 12/11/2020 by StephenRussell2020 (1 review written)

I've used this company before and although expensive, they have always delivered the flowers on the agree day though not with the friendly smile that you would get from a local flower delivery company. More what you would expect from a standard delivery company. No romance so don't expect any.

Basically, Serenata flowers did not deliver the flowers to my girlfriend on her 40th but left them leaning up against the garden wall of an adjacent neighbour's house for 2-3 hours which my girlfriend found after I received an email from Serenata proudly claiming that they had delivered the flowers and card to my girlfriend and the contractually agreed address. She went out in the dark in a rain coat with her phone torch on searching around the bins on the off chance they had rudely been left there. Miraculously she found them in full view of passing pedestrians (luckily no nefarious ones) leaning up against the next door neighbours wall. It's worth noting that our house has a very clearly marked number next to the door on a plaque and a very loud front door bell. Neither of these were noticed by Serenata and it was oddly decide better to prop them up somewhere outside of the properties boundaries against someone else's wall garden wall

Complaining is met with a sorry, we'll contact the third party courier so this won't happen again and the matter is now closed. Complaining that the matter is not closed is my personal opinion was met with a copy and pasting of what had already been said claiming that the matter is now closed. On further complaint (they don't actually have a complaints department as such. Certainly not telephone support and only a very narrow chosen complaint options for which they will respond) I received an email from an admin address claiming that I was receiving just over £2 which would take a few days to clear and then receiving another email from the same copy and paste operative saying that the £2 and change was a good will gesture.

I never set out to complain for financial reasons, although legally they have not delivered to the address they contracted to do, nor to the person contracted to. They delivered a damp card which they charged me £2.99 for then offered me less than this in compensation for the failed delivery

I have used this company before but never again. When it goes wrong, it stays wrong then they insult you by copy and pasting then giving you less than the cost of the ruined card in some sort of warped belief that this constitutes a resolution. This was my partners 40th and was supposed to portray my love and appreciation of her. They failed miserably but the full price of this failure was still considered by them their fee. If you value romance then don't put your trust in these people. God forbid the flowers were to show your love to someone for their personal loss. It would only have made matters worse. Please avoid. Support your local businesses and chose someone that cares more.

• Flower Delivery (or lack of)