Speedy delivery but order had wrong phone number

SuttonPensioner's review of Tesco Direct - www.tesco.com/direct

“Speedy delivery but order had wrong phone number”

Written on: 31/05/2013 by SuttonPensioner (1 review written)

From Tesco Shop Alfreton Derby My wife ordered a 'Beko Washing machine' on the 20th May and it was delivered on the 22 May, FANTASTIC. This was just a normal delivery and it was FREE. We could not believe it, when Argos say from 21 days from delivery which was over 2 months the last time we ordered from them and others charge for delivery.
The only one bad point. The person at the Tesco shop Alfreton Derby who took our order she made TWO MISTAKES in typing in our PHONE NUMBER even though my wife gave her the number on a paper. So I had to go back and it takes over 1hour round trip from where we live so not happy about that.
Then the lady who I spoke to at Tesco looked at the number and made every excuse for the mistake saying the two number FIVEs were not clear, but would not answer when I pointed to the ONE and asked is this a ONE it was missing. She did not say it was a bad mistake on the assistants part or make any comment about the phone number being wrong. The 5s were OK but there was three 8's instead of two and the last number is a ONE which was missing.
This is important because the delivery people may not have come to our address as we would not have got a call from them.
When I got the correct number on our order Tesco Direct called to say it was on it's way and later from the driver to say he would be there in 5 minutes and he was. Fantastic.
Pity a great Tesco Direct service is let down by Tesco shop staff.
Would I order from them again, yes but next time I will closely read everything on the order form, trust nothing.

• Beko Washing machine WMB61431W