Appaulling company, we would not buy from Richer Sounds agai

462Myrick's review of Richer Sounds www.richersounds.com

“Appaulling company, we would not buy from Richer...”

Written on: 23/08/2022 by 462Myrick (1 review written)

Appalling company, we would never buy from them again. They attempted to charge for delivery whereas the television was advertised as "FREE" delivery. The actual delivery was problematic throughout, the drivers were rude, unfriendly and in so much of a rush they damaged the staircase wall. Richer Sounds excuse was that deliveries times are scheduled and they don't have the time to be polite and careful in customers properties. They refused to compensate us for the damaged wallpaper say that the wall looked like bare plaster even though we are disabled pensioners incapable of doing any DIY. After much argument Richer Sounds reluctantly agreed to refund the incorrect delivery charge, adding that we could buy a tin of paint with the refund. Their moto is ""We genuinely want you to be a customer for life". Well they failed miserably in our case.

• Goods purchased & cost

Richer Sounds's Comment

Written on: 25/08/2022

Hi,

Thank you for your review, although I was sorry to read your comments following a recent purchase you made from us.

To clarify, the Samsung QE65QN95a which you purchased is a ‘last few to clear’ item which usually can only be collected from the store holding stock. Whilst the vast majority of items are available for delivery, unfortunately due to cost and size this product cannot be mail ordered from or transferred between stores which we very clearly advertise on the product page of our website. However, in attempting to go above and beyond, the Plymouth store did agree on this occasion to arrange a 3rd party courier to collect and deliver the item actually charging you less than the courier charged us for the service.

I’m sorry you felt the courier themselves were impolite and can only apologise for this, I understand however that at the point of delivery you requested they also remove your old television from the wall for you which they agreed to do, even though this is not a service they offer. As a specific amount of time is pre-allocated for each drop on their route this possibly explains their brevity.

We have now refunded any costs you paid for delivery plus further compensated you for the small mark to your wall which reported the courier had made. As agreed with you this has been processed as a credit towards your finance agreement. Should you wish to discuss any aspect of this further please contact me directly.

Regards

Tom Griffiths
Head of Customer Service
Richer Sounds

Jstvj1's Comment

Written on: 26/08/2022

You keep referring to "last few to clear" delivery charges apply, but as I have said numerous times nowhere did your website advert state anything like that. You have since admitted that the advert I responded to when I purchased the television did offer FREE delivery but you are now back tracking saying it is an IT flinch because I used a mobile phone. What absolute and utter nonsense.

More importantly, the refund you say has been paid credited is untrue. To date the loan account shows no such credit so you are also being untruthful in this respecy

You company is a shambles and the poor service and attitudes obviously steps from the very top. I would never recommend Richer Sounds or ever bit from you again.