Threaten you with CCJ for refunded item by Amazon

Nicky777's review of Crampton & Moore www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk

“Threaten you with CCJ for refunded item by Amazon”

Written on: 31/10/2020 by Nicky777 (1 review written)

Threaten you with CCJ and send court documents for a purchase refunded by Amazon!!
So at the end of April I purchased a fridge freezer from Amazon - this was apprently through this company.
All was delivered fine but after a few days it began making a huge noise and was clearly faulty, not keeping things very warm.
I raised a return request on Amazon as we had just moved house in the middle of the pandemic and needed a working fridge.
Crampton and Moore closed the return request on 19th May telling me to contact Samsung - basically waiving any return rights I had and taking no responsibility.

I contacted Samsung anyway and they would not send anyone out due to the pandemic.

In the meantime we obtained a second hand fridge from a friend and I raised a claim against this to Amazon as goods not working as this was where the payment was made and I had rights under Consumer Act for faulty goods.
Amazon found in my favour and returned my funds on the 4th June. The refund came from Amazon as Crampton and Moore could clearly not be bothered to resolve my return issue and took no responsibility.
I recieved a letter after this asking me to hold onto the fridge for collection as Arrow XL were not collecting - fine.

Since then i recieved no communication

I contacted Arrow XL at the time and asked when were they going to be able to collect as they had delivered it but no collection they told me 'how long is a piece of string'- this was in June

In the meantime we have recieved no communication from them in 5 months to return this fridge.
We had this in our garden for 3.5 months through the summer - no contact from Crampton and Moore or Arrow XL - and eventually we had it removed as frankly it was unslightly, a theft risk and was getting dirty and smelly from the bad weather. It was water logged every time it rained.

Three days ago apparently they rang me and I hung up - I was working and frankly I assumed it was a sales call, I dont even remember the call as anyone who gets calls from random companies probably thinks the same.

Next day I recieve court documents for £414.97 and the threat of a CCJ
This is the first they have bothered to contact me in 5 months.
I have recieved no email contact through Amazon and no contact by telephone other than this one call.

I have contacted Amazon Executive Complaints and they have advsied they are in breach of the seller rules for selling on the site and are investigating this on my behalf - I hope they are removed from the site completely and I wonder how many other people they do this to.

I paid Amazon, they paid Crampton and Moore. Amazon refunded me and I hung onto a piece of white goods for months with no contact.

I have not recieved a notice of intention to take me to court, nor any other letters from this company.

I feel we have acted in a sensible way that any other person would have done and how long am I reasonably supposed to keep an item pending collection? She contacted me on 28th October apparently - now we are going into another lockdown - when was this going to be collected?
Would you have a faulty fridge in your garden for months??

To not communicate then send CCJ documents that arent even factual is an attempt to harrass and intimidate.
They state in their documents that they refunded me - they didnt Amazon did because they washed their hands of a faulty product.

I phoned them from a number on Google and I spoke to a woman in head office who advised she could not transfer me to this person and she gave me the number for her office.
When i called her she stated that I could not have had the number any other way than a letter and would not accept i called someone else in her company from a number on Google.

She advised they had to reclaim their money somehow and if they couldnt get it from Amazon they would get it from me.

Now they are asking me to pay them directly which I will not be doing as my contract for sale was with Amazon and not them.

I won a claim from Amazon based on my Consumer Rights that they neglected and they are doing this to threaten and intimidate us with a CCJ.

• 379.97