Battermaster.co.uk Ultramax Baruch Enterprises Awful service

boffy's review of Battery Masters - www.batterymasters.co.uk

“Battermaster.co.uk Ultramax Baruch Enterprises Awful...”

Written on: 02/07/2020 by boffy (1 review written)

Batterymaster.co.uk - Part of Baruch Enterprises LTD.

You should believe the other bad reviews. They match my experience.

I have never had such appalling treatment in my 20 years of buying online.

Note:If you have to contact them by phone they only offer a premium rate 0871 number.

What happened?:

I made a simple order from the website for 2 Ultramax batteries. They sent me 2 lower rated Ultramax batteries that they sold at a cheaper price at that time. I noticed immediately and complained. The email reply came tell me that they were out of stock of the more powerful Ultramax model that I had ordered and that the lower rated Ultramax batteries were the same size and should work. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. They continued to offer the battery I had ordered for sale on the website despite telling me they had none. That was the only reply I got.

I ordered a more powerful Ultramax model and they sent a lesser Ultramax product deliberately and without consultation. No offer to correct the problem. They did not reply to further emails so I had to involve Paypal disputes. It took a month to get my money back. They did not offer to collect the incorrect product so I had to arrange return shipment which Paypal kindly funded.

Oh yes. I forgot to mention that one of the Ultramax batteries that I did not order, but which they sent instead, had been used. It was not new and showed clear marks on the case and terminals where it had been mounted and attached (I have photos). It was also dusty, unlike the other one. Amazing!

Loads of hassle. No Service.

There are a host of companies that offer better service. In fact any company offers better service.

In the end ordered Lucas equivalents from a competitor (with a Female name) in the end with an excellent trustpilot rating. The price was the same, I got what I wanted the next day.

My lesson. Always read the reviews on an independent site.

• Batteries