Can get it right? I'm not holding my breath!

Guest's review of ao.com

“Can get it right? I'm not holding my breath!”

Written on: 08/10/2021

A wasted day hanging around and an utterly unfair rebooking system. Having had all works in the kitchen carried out ready for the removal of an old range cooker and delivery and installation of a new SMEG one, the whole day went to pot. The tracking update on the day showed progressively later ETAs. From 1pm to 10pm in two hour increments. Called and left messages with the driver twice with no response. Called AO's excellent and hard-pressed customer services team and spoke with the very helpful person(which in meant a wait of over 20 minutes in the queue). She couldnt get a response from the driver or AO's 'Expert Logistics' team on the night. Posted on AO's Facebook page and got no response. Needless to say, it didnt get delivered and what's worse is that when customer services rebook your delivery, you simply go back in the system for the next available delivery, some 2 weeks after AO's first failure (meaning that the cooker will have to be removed, stored and reloaded which significantly increasing the risk of transit damage) - and no, you're not a priority, you just get the same service as anyone buying a product and booking a delivery on the day. My two previous purchases with AO were perfect, but they were relatively small items and delivered by DPD. So, if it doesnt get delivered again, I'll vote with my wallet and cancel the order and I'll exercise my right not to ever buy from AO again. Surely the priority is to prioritise and sort failures and not just carry-on regrardless.

• Smeg range cooker