Fitters error cost me money

Rainaf183's review of ao.com

“Fitters error cost me money”

Written on: 16/07/2021 by Rainaf183 (1 review written)

Ordered a washer/dryer from AO with installation. When the machine arrived the fitters took one look at the kitchen and told me that they could not do the job, since the cable of the old machine ran through the work surface. I would need to cut the cable and drill a hole in the kitchen surface to allow the new plug through.
Rescheduled delivery for a few days time and did as advised.
Turns out the cable was for the cooker top, so I was left with an electrician's bill to refix the cooker cable and a hole in my kitchen surface.
Had the fitter only taken the briefest of looks they would have seen that the washer dryer plugged in below the kitchen surface and could easily have been installed.
AO are refusing to cover either the electrician's bill or the cost of a new kitchen surface, because the damage was done by myself - even though I was acting the advice of their fitters, whom I had paid AO for.
I am not at all sure exactly what I was SUPPOSED to have done in this situation.
I am not yet clear on the legalities of all this, but I do know there is something called "doing the right thing", and AO is not doing it!

• Goods purchased & cost