Poor Customer Service

JasperJP's review of ao.com

“Poor Customer Service”

Written on: 02/03/2021 by JasperJP (1 review written)

I called and placed an order, they price matched John Lewis for me. Delivery was booked and i received an email to tell me the time window. I checked their tracking system half way through this time window, the system did not recognise my telephone so it asked me to input my order number, it did not recognise this either. I called and waited 10 minutes in a queue, then was told the driver could not find my property (the first driver in 8 years of living here that could not!) then got told they had taken my mobile number down incorrectly. Simple solution.....turn the driver around? NO, get told that you have to wait another 3 days for it to be redelivered (the same time as if it were a new order) They did give £20.00 in compensation for a waste of a whole day (not sure what hourly rate they work on, an insult is an understatement) This is the first time I have used ao.com and will certainly be the last. I should have gone with John Lewis in the first place and had my old machine taken away and a second year warranty free of charge. Lesson learn't, stick with those who value their customers and react better than ao.com when things go wrong. Steer well clear of this company.

• Bosch dryer