Customer Service Abysmal

KenFrederick's review of ao.com

“Customer Service Abysmal”

Written on: 13/09/2020 by KenFrederick (1 review written)

I only rated one star as ZERO wasn't an option.
I have been using AO.com for many years, on the whole the experience gas been good until recently.
I purchase appliances for my customers whilst supplying and installing fitted kitchens.
I completed an order for 7 items at a cost of approx £1500 or more, chosen from items available in stock to be delivered to my customers home.
The order was placed some 4 weeks prior to delivery.
3 day before delivery my customer received a phone call to state her oven was out if stock! Really? It was in stock when I placed the order and paid. We were forced to choose another oven but more expensive.
After waiting on hold for an hour and explaining the situation, a partial discount of £30 was applied, the additional £10 delivery charge was refunded, and delivery was promised on the same say as the other items.
On the day if delivery the Oven was missing! But to add insult to injury we were informed that the Gas hob was now out of stock and unavailable.
After several failed attempts to try to speak with an operative, I was forced to source an oven & hob elsewhere locally. I then had the problem of being on hold for an eternity to get a refund for the oven and hob whilst fitting a kitchen. I did manage to speak with someone but was placed on hold yet again, after holding for far too long I hung up and emailed.
After several days I eventually received a refund, but no sign if any apology.
As I said earlier I have used AO.com many times before. This is not the first time this has happened, but it will be the last. I will buy from elsewhere in future if this us the way you treat your customers.
Standards have plummeted recently, it is time to find a new supplier.
Rude and Greedy company that takes money but doesn't deliver.

• Integrated appliances £1500