Terrible!

jademariecherry's review of Wowcher www.wowcher.co.uk

“Terrible! ”

Written on: 26/02/2020 by jademariecherry (1 review written)

Awful experience. Purchased a wowcher that I wasn't sure about because it stated throughout the website the cost of it could be "redeemed against anything on the wowcher site" however just over a month later I applied for the credit to use on a different wowcher to only be given 50% back.

After emailing customer service I discovered that this was there very well hidden policy. I emailed them stating I would like a full refund as this was not stated clearly anywhere on the website and I was unhappy. Received an email back stating the customer service rep will approve the 50% back (which i had already recieved/got.) So very poor customer service that didn't even answer my query/complaint.
For me this was a very small amount of money but for others this could be hundreds.

You only have to look through some of the snarky responses on trust pilot to see reviews wowcher have reported/removed. Several people have left negative reviews for not receiving item, Wowchers response "please note this is a review site not somewhere to chase up delivery" Is completely inappropriate, obviously not receiving goods in a timely way is a valid reason to leave a negative review!

Pretty sure they're getting away with this on the technicality that they're providing a "voucher" not the service however the voucher is for the service and they're still obliged to provide decent customer service/assistance. I will be contacting financial/trading standards as appropriate as what they're doing (even with small amounts of money!) Is underhand and wrong!

• Goods purchased & cost