Ticketmaster e-gift card purchase

Annieother's review of Voucher Express www.voucherexpress.co.uk

“Ticketmaster e-gift card purchase”

Written on: 17/05/2018 by Annieother (1 review written)

I bought a Ticketmaster e-gift card for my friend on the Ticketmaster website. I was on holiday at the time and I received no email confirmation that it had been sent. I followed up with my friend when I got back only to find she had changed email provider. Then the merry-go-round started.

Without a confirmation email, I reverted to the Ticketmaster website. For some reason it wouldn't accept my correct password and I requested a new one. The new password process offered me the option of deleting my credit card details, which is always my preference in these days of hacker hell. After choosing that selection, I realised that it meant that all previous transactions were deleted on my account, including the records of my e-gift card purchase.

I then tried to contact Ticketmaster who clearly don't want to be contacted. I used their website messaging system on 11th May. 2 days later, I still had heard nothing so I tried the online help system which gave irrelevant automated responses. I then tried phoning. I could not get hold of a human being. I tried their (very difficult to locate) customer services number and spent 15 mins on hold on an 0818 number before googling to find their gift card phone number. I phoned that only to be put through a series of options which brought me back to the Customer service line which eventually cut me off!

I phoned my bank who noted that Voucher Express were noted as the payee and to contact them with tran satin and authorisation codes they provided.

After about 4 hours of effort, I then used the Ticketmaster Voucher Express form, again, after googling. I entitled it "Request for Refund". That at least gave me an automated response which gave me some hope. It was now late in the evening. I did get a very prompt response the next day that clearly was from an intelligent and real (as opposed to virtual) person. She still wasn't able to tace my full details and requested more informat ion which I supplied.

She found the card, sent it to the correct email address and my friend has confirmed receipt.

I have no issue whatsoever with the helpfulness of the lady who helped me trace the card. I found her very responsive and professional.

What I have difficulty with was how tortuous the whole process was to correct something simple. I also have serious doubts about a purchase process that doesn't send confirming emails to the purchaser. Even after the card was sent to my friend's new email, I still knew nothing until she contacted me. This is not good enough. I get the feeling that if I hadn't been within the 14 day refund period, I would've lost my money.

The customer service and overall ratings I've given has been boosted by the very helpful lady who helped me find the card. Otherwise it would've been 1 star.

• Ticketmaster e-card voucher

• A few weeks late

Kf2801's Response to Annieother's Review

Written on: 14/08/2018

Apologies for the concern caused in making contact regarding your gift card. Happy to read that my colleague was able to assist solve your issue. Customer Solutions Team