Internet Hobbies www.internethobbies.com Review

billglinski's review of Internet Hobbies www.internethobbies.com

“INTERNET HOBBIES, aka - MODEL SHIP DEPOT, MILITARY...”

Written on: 30/12/2020 by billglinski (1 review written)

INTERNET HOBBIES, aka - MODEL SHIP DEPOT, MILITARY MODEL DEPOT, MODEL AIRPLANE DEPOT all the same On-line mail order schemer.
I've been a plastic model builder for over five decades and have dealt with over two dozen mail order businesses(placed my first order in 1970 with Squadron Models).
Earlier this year I thought I'd give Internet Hobbies a try(didn't do my homework first, big mistake). Placed a $100 order and 4 weeks later got a box with half my order(no shipping invoice was included, a big RED FLAG). Went to my online account with them and it showed order FULFILLED! I then used their online contact form and heard nothing back. Six more inquires plus phone calls yielded nothing. About the same time I placed an order with Military Model Depot(wasn't until later that I found out they were the same people). That was a $50 order which has yet to be delivered and probably never will. Their policy is no refunds after 30 days, convenient for them since all the have to do is stall you for those 30 days. Go with reputable businesses or Ebay.
They may get the latest kits but that's it.
No real time inventory on any of their websites, so you're at their mercy(which they have none). They also aggressively email their always %50 off sales. How is it they can send out daily emails from four websites constantly updated, but can't return one customer inquiry email.
BUYER BEWARE- CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE LAST THING ON THEIR LIST.

• ~$150 USD