Strong product, willing but unsuccesful support

TMC9's review of PC Specialist www.pcspecialist.co.uk

“Strong product, willing but unsuccesful support”

Written on: 11/06/2021 by TMC9 (1 review written)

I have used PC Specialist three times before and been fully satisified, so I used them a fourth time for another PC. I find the online selecting of exactly what I want to go into the PC invaluable, and it even checks at the end that everything asked for will be compatible. A couple of choices were out of stock, but alternatives were available, and better knowing up front than having an order delayed for many weeks. Payment was straightforward, and there were regular updates on progress in the queue and then building and shipping the PC to me.
Unfortunately (a first in my experience of PC Specialist) the PC didn't work fully when it arrived - it wouldn't connect to my WiFi network - so I had occasion to use the technical support PC Specialist provides. In total I made three calls to them - on the positive side, I only waited once to be connected, the other two times I got straight through. On the minus side, they were not able to diagnose the fault. They were very supportive and went through a number of possibilities, including sending me replacement WiFi cards, but ultimately it was only resolved by my chance discovery of interference from the graphics card and reordering the cards. The support team had agreed to send a different wireless card to see if that fixed the issue, but no such different card actually arrived.
I would still use the company again - this was an unusual problem and my normal experience is that I don't need support, and of course support is not as easy to provide under pandemic conditions. But I was disappointed that I had to fix the problem myself, and that a promised send of different equipment didn't materialise.

• £800+