Zara Online - www.zara.com Review

Guest's review of Zara Online - www.zara.com

“I wish I could leave a no stars review - dreadful. I...”

Written on: 14/10/2021

I wish I could leave a no stars review - dreadful.

I bought a t-shirt while visiting Edinburgh for the day in Aug 21. The fitting rooms were closed due to Covid, so I couldn't check it fitted. Unfortunately, it was too small.
I live more than 60 miles from the store. There used to be a store where I live, but they closed it down. ​The first chance I had to go back, was yesterday.
The fitting rooms were open and they had the larger size which fitted perfectly. I took it to the cash desk for an exchange, but the assistant said I couldn't just swap them over as I was too late - the returns expiry date had passed. I spoke to the manager, who reiterated what the girl had said. I explained I wasn't looking for a refund - just to get a different size. She said she couldn't do it without an authorisation code from Customer Services and handed me a card with a telephone number to call.
I called them and the guy I spoke to was very unhelpful. He kept on just repeating he couldn't do anything as the returns date had passed.
He wasn't interested in listening to the reason why there had been a delay in the return and would not engage with the points I raised - just like a broken down record, repeating the same line over and over.
When I asked about giving the store an authorisation code for to allow the exchange - he said that did not happen. He had absolutely no customer service skills at all. Not one member of staff tried to understand or care about the situation - just not interested.
I cannot understand why they could not have just swapped one size for another.

I had tried to order the larger size online through their website.
The first time they sent me a pair of sandals. The second time, they sent what was tagged as an XL, but measured exactly the same as the L I already had. Both were returned. The 2nd one wasn't refunded until I chased it up 2 WEEKS after they had received the return.
I won't be giving this company one more penny. You have lost a customer for being so petty, uncaring, unprofessional and unreasonable.

• T-shirt £14.99