BEWARE

Guest's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

“BEWARE ”

Written on: 01/06/2018

La Redoute claim they offer 'French Style Made Easy'... what a joke! And at the end of their cocky emails that do not resolve your issue their bog standard tagline 'at La Redoute we strive to offer an amazing customer service' - what rubbish and such barefaced braseness. Sent their faulty brogues with unstuck insoles back through their Hermes service, waited weeks yet not a squeak about my refund. By the way Hermes are 100% honest and trustworthy the complete opposite of La Redoute. Told to call their chargeable helpline but why should we pay more to fight for our rightful refund that should be issued automatically as a basic customer courtesy. After weeks of emails and messages to useless cocky agents devoid of a brain cell I received an email stating they had no record the brogues were returned and to send proof if I wanted my refund!!! Luckily I asked the Hermes courier for a stamped receipt. There was no mix up on my part as the printed returns invoice was completed and placed inside the shoe box so they know I returned them and are sitting on the shoes. This company are dishonest and cannot be trusted. They want to keep your money for faulty or unwanted items returned. Please beware and keep your receipt in evidence. 'quick, free returns' couldn't be further from the truth. I am still waiting for my refund to be deposited back into my account weeks after purchasing, they have the faulty shoes back and are still sitting on my money! There are repurable companies out there who will not send you substandard goods nor ever dream of subjecting their customers to this farcical saga. Avoid at all costs and if you are returning an item keep your proof in evidence please!

• White and red ladies brogues

Robberta's Comment

Written on: 01/12/2019

Thank you! Totally unacceptable. I would say monetary compensation is in order as well as the refund. A voucher would be unacceptable, given their customer service and potential for future aggravation. I have wasted so many unhappy hours going around in circles. Thanks to your excellent warning I will be able to pre-empt any from this company.