Silverlake Garage - www.silverlake.co.uk Review

Jason8442's review of Silverlake Garage - www.silverlake.co.uk

“Ordered alternator from these people on...”

Written on: 22/01/2020 by Jason8442 (1 review written)

Ordered alternator from these people on Breakerlink,they sent me part that was defective,when they told me part had been tested.
Part was fitted by mechanic at cost,then not even a mile down the road,the car broke down,so called RAC who did various tests and informed me it was the alternator.
So decided to get checked by 2 local mechanics who both told me the alternator was no good and had seized.
I contacted Silverlake and told them,they then said that the RAC and the 2 mechanic's were wrong, completely laughable!!!
.Then ask Silverlake to collect part and get refunded,and guy said it would be collected next day but could not give me time slot,so had to take day off work to wait.
Next day I call Silverlake at around 0930,but no answe,so I decided to go to shop after waiting until 1100,then at 1150 I decided to call them to get update,only to be told DPD would be collecting part between 1200 and 1300,so I then race home and arrive home at 12.05 only to find DPD card hanging from front door with nothing filled in.
So contact Silverlake who after cutting the call off tell me because I had missed my time slot,I would have to send part back to them at almost the cost of the part!!!
So very angry,it has cost me a small fortune for there mistake!!!
So now contacted trading standards who are going to look in to this.

• alternator