Beware, cheap parts, poor service.

TomJones9190's review of Car Builder Solutions - www.cbsonline.co.uk

“Beware, cheap parts, poor service.”

Written on: 22/02/2021 by TomJones9190 (1 review written)

Very disappointing service and quality of parts.

I purchased a Y selector value for a heating system and after a few hours of use, it melted, which could have caused damage and potentially a fire if I hadn't noticed it.

I sent pictures and info via email and they didn't seem to believe there was an issue, they said they tested on their end and it was fine.

I asked for a refund and they said if I post the melted part back and IF they find an error, they will give me some store credit.

IF they find an error? The part melted... I should have received a refund and instead, they just ignore my emails.

Very disappointing, avoid and buy from a reputable dealer.

• Y Valve for heater - c£20

Carbuilder.com's Response to TomJones9190's Review

Written on: 26/02/2021

I am also disappointed. The part that “failed” is manufactured by Kalori, a World-renowned specialist in motor vehicle heating and ventilation parts. You informed us you had connected it to an electric space heater, an application it was never designed for, and it melted. Hopefully the metal one you ordered from another supplier will be more appropriate for your application.
We offered a refund on the product and your costs once returned but that unfortunately seems inadequate.