Story of a Nizo from Sendean

From 1 review

nickcollins68's review of Sendean Cameras - www.sendeancameras.co.uk

“Story of a Nizo from Sendean”

Written on: 06/12/2021 by nickcollins68 (1 review written)

I bought a Nizo 481 Macro from Sendean on 4 May 2021, with every assurance that the camera was in full working order, light meter calibrated for silver cell batteries, gate polished, etc. It looked very beautiful, that's true. However, when I used it to shoot 3 cartridges of Super-8 colour neg, in June, the footage came back both extremely unsteady and at least three stops overexposed. The cost of the film, processing and telecine: £324, not far short of what the camera cost in the first place. I returned the camera for repair, and it was sent back to me on 29 July. However, the light meter was still reading at least two stops over. A camera like that is completely useless to me - for one thing you can't shoot reversal film when the light meter is so inaccurate. I have now sold it as 'Not working: for spares or repair' on Ebay, for about ten percent of what it originally cost, as I concluded that the technicians at Sendean lack the skill to fix these cameras properly and there was no point in getting them to 'repair' it again. I will not be buying from them again, that's for sure.

• Nizo 481 Macro Super-8 camera £350