15 months wasted waiting for a refund

dodgement's review of Mifsuds Photographic Ltd - www.mifsuds.com

“15 months wasted waiting for a refund”

Written on: 10/12/2018 by dodgement (2 reviews written)

I purchased a Canon EF 500mm L1S USM Lens from Mifsuds on the 8th August 2017 from their site on eBay for £3399.00. As soon as I tried it I had a problem with the autofocus. I posted it back to Mifsuds for either a repair or refund. They kept it for two months and returned it to me saying there was no fault with it and it was out of their 3 months guarantee. On Mifsuds web page they recommend H.Leymann as an authorised Canon repairer. I paid £54.99 to Leymanns for a diagnostic report on the lens. They wrote back saying that "The focusing is intermittent and will not focus properly. We also found excessive battery drain which could be linked to the faulty focus unit or could be a faulty circuit board. Parts are no longer available for this model, therefore, we are returning it unrepaired". This information was passed on to Mifsuds which was totally ignored. I then pursued the matter in the County Courts and issued a summons. They put in a defence claiming that there was no guarantee on goods sold on eBay. They actually changed their terms on their website while this case was going on. I had to pay £335.00 for a court hearing to be held in Salisbury. The court asked for evidence to be used in court to be exchanged to one another and also to the court by 24th October 2018. Mifsuds defaulted to send their evidence to me or the court and were given another date 15th November 2018. They also failed to adhere to the court's date so I obtained judgement by default. I received a cheque from them a few days later and a compliments slip with said "Glad this is all sorted, Kind wishes." also enclosed a photography book. Maybe a bribe for me not to leave bad feedback. Mifsuds do not seem to understand that an item must be of serviceable quality irrespective what they put in their terms and conditions. This company has no idea on customer service and I would advise anyone contemplating purchasing from them. DONT!

• Canon EF 500mm 1:4 L 1S USM lens £3999.00