Avoid if you are selling goods on commission

479Dowling's review of Ffordes Photographic - www.ffordes.com

“Avoid if you are selling goods on commission”

Written on: 28/01/2022 by 479Dowling (1 review written)

I sent a large number of items, lenses and cameras to them for commission sale but they told me that a number of them were faulty or had fungus. One lens they sent back was crystal clear and accepted for sale by another dealer. It was that item which made me realize about the faults in the other items. A 50 mm Pentax lens they said lacked infinity focus and because of the cost of returning that and the other items I had to let them keep them. A Minolta body they said had a shutter problem and a 100 macro had two tiny spots on an element which they claimed were fungus when I know they were not, they were just dust.

• Goods purchased & cost

Ffordes's Comment

Written on: 10/02/2022

Morning

Sorry to hear that both you and the other dealer don't agree with our findings on your equipment, as you know Ffordes have always had high standards when it comes to testing secondhand equipment,

our technician has been with us for over 25 years and we use different light instruments to check for dust against fungus, shutter accuracy machines test speeds and exposure times, every item goes through multiply tests to make sure the equipment is of a good standard to sell.

Now on occasions we are only human and don't always get it right and we hold our hands up to that, after all some of the equipment tested can be unpredictable, most of your equipment was 35+ years after it was originally manufactured. We are always happy to return any piece of equipment to you at your request.

if you had contacted me direct, I could have addressed your concerns and sent you a more detailed report on the issues we found, as well as returned the items that you had original asked for us to recycle on your behalf.

We hope that we can help you again sometime in the future and if any issues do arise at that time, we'll give you more detail descriptions of how these issues were found and there affects on the quality we sell.

We wish you well in your photography.

Alister Bowie