Be super cautious before buying from auctions on his site

rolg1's review of The-Saleroom.com

“Be super cautious before buying from auctions on his site”

written by rolg1 on 29/11/2022

Be extremely cautious before trying to buy from some of the auction sales represented by The Sale Room. Allegedly The Sale Room is open 24 hours. Unfortunately this number only wasted my time with recorded messages. The Sale Room also pretends to have a live chat but in my case that did not work either.
I tried to get help because I had become involved with Eastbourne Auctions via thesaleroom.com.

It was impossible to get any information about anything before bidding, even a simple question whether a Korean made electrical item they had barely described is 240V UK voltage. I bid on an amplifier shown with one poor quality picture and poorly described but at least offered with it's original shipping box. They then added a £14 charge for the "service" of taping the shipping label to the box. They refused to give weight and box dimensions until after I paid. The messages I received are very rude, absolutely unprofessional and some are outright illiterate. One of Eastbourne Auctions' replies to my question about the operating voltage reads:

"Sir what is absurd is you have failed to pay and are asking ridiculous questions. Moreove you seem intent on compalinging for no reason. We will pack and weigh when you have paid, is this absurd?"

The company's attitude is shockingly unprofessional..
A response from the managing director was requested to no avail.
I wonder if The Saleroom has anything to say about these type of business practices by auction rooms that are on their site.

I had sent several emails to The Saleroom. All of their replies were super slow and completely evasive.

"Thank you for contacting the-saleroom, your request has been received. We are currently experiencing higher than normal volumes and we will get back to you as soon as we're able. You can expect a response within the next 72 hours."

• Goods purchased & cost