Good, but be careful.

functionF8's review of Shop Goodwill - www.shopgoodwill.com

“Good, but be careful.”

Written on: 16/11/2015 by functionF8 (1 review written)

I actually like MOST of shopgoodwill.com, but be careful. Many of the stores seem honest and are willing to listen to a complaint and not charge a huge shipping and handling fee. With that said, other stores on shopgoodwill.com can charge as much as $16.00 + to ship an item that weighs less than an ounce. Some have gone to setting a fixed shipping charge of $7.99, but then also can charge many more dollars for handling. Rip-off in a major way! Always check S&H! Stores to watch out for for me are Denver (will list junk and make it sound great) and Conemaugh Valley located in Winber, PA (they recently listed a bunch of junk watches for sale "as-is" and that many of them were for parts and repair...NONE OF THE WATCHES WORKED AND NONE ARE VALUABLE ENOUGH TO REPAIR...$48.99 WASTED!

I love the Indy store and the Florida stores and have mixed feelings on the Hillsboro store...love thier items, but they are VERY guilty of overcharging on S&H.

Lastly, always read ALL the information on items...they often list some of the bad news late in the listing.

• Watch lot...$48.99

Wrongwayruby's Response to functionF8's Review

Written on: 14/03/2021

I recently ran into this issue. I've been shopping on the site for a few years and placed over 20 orders. Until my most recent order, I never encountered a fixed shipping rate. I always buy multiple items from a location to save on the shipping charges.. I found out the hard way the Goodwill in Middle TN has $7 fixed shipping(4) and handling(3) on all jewelry orders. I had 8 jewelry won auctions, which totaled over $100. I was okay with the $24 handling charge… but they would not combine the fixed shipping rate. I had to pay $32 for an order that weighed 2 pounds!