WARNING TO ALL EBAY USERS

poppey's review of eBay - www.ebay.co.uk

“WARNING TO ALL EBAY USERS”

Written on: 06/09/2021 by poppey (23 reviews written)

I recently placed an item on Ebay for sale. After some time I received an offer, which I declined. I then received a second offer, also declined. I then received notification from Ebay that my item had sold and that the money, less fees, had been sent to my account. Also, Ebay sent me an address label.

When I clicked on the link to the label, I was informed there was a variation in the address. I contacted the supposed purchaser, through Ebay. No response. I contacted Ebay Chat, who suggested I contact the buyer again. I did. No response. I contacted Ebay Chat again. (Now it becomes very interesting). After relaying my problem, the Chat was ended. I received a copy of the Chat in my email inbox. Surprise, surprise, nothing had been recorded! I logged into my Ebay account, Messages. Surprise, surprise. All messages pertaining to this offer were vacant. Not a trace!

I concluded from the above that whomever was perpetrating this worked for Ebay. This is purely my opinion from my own observation. I went on and tried to close my account with Ebay, but Ebay won’t let me. I then received a message from my supposed buyer confirming delivery address.

My advice, purely from my current experience of what happened in Ebay, is that if you use Ebay at all, be very careful as there is something very wrong. If I had sent off the expensive item to the address sent to me, there would have been no comeback on Ebay because the messages concerning the offer and Ebay’s email to me telling me they had credited my account which originally appeared in my Message Box on Ebay all disappeared without trace!

• Goods purchased & cost