So Rude!!!

From 1 review
  • Quality of service

Starenczak123's review of Hungry Horse The Gatehouse Kings Lynn - www.hungryhorse.co.uk

“So Rude!!!”

Written on: 19/08/2021 by Starenczak123 (0 reviews written)

We prebooked our table at the Gatehouse Hungry Horse in Kings Lynn. Despite waiting 20 minutes in the rain to be seated, being told I hope this table will do as I have nothing else as he looked at my large size and then the table with fixed benches. Despite, no body telling us it had changed to bar service only( since our last visit 3 weeks ago), we remained in a pleasant mood and my husband went to order.
As he began to order the young man behind the bar interupted him to say it would be 45 to an hour wait for food. My husband replied calmly really oh thats not great as we have been here for 30 minutes already because no one explained it was bar service only. His reply was " WELL IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO TO MORRISONS! My husband asked him to repeat him self but he shook his head saying " order what you want".
We tried to speak to the manager but he didnt even try to find out who had spoken to my husband so rudely. He was clearly not interested. I have never been treated so rudely in a restuarant in my entire 52 years. I have been a fost mum to many children and raised them all to treat others with respect. Shame on the person who raised this man to speak like this and shame on the manager for not wanting to know who had been so rude. I dont care how busy you are, you make time to be polite and you look after your customers.

• British

Food Type

• £10-15

Average cost per head

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Child Friendly