Beware!

From 1 review

Guest's review of The Daily Mirror

“Beware!”

Written on: 23/10/2013

I placed and payed for an expensive commodity online ,through the Daily Mirror offers; I received an email acknowledging the transaction and informing me that the item would arrive within 10 days.Fourteen days later I telephoned the order line.A male operative told me that a glitch ,their fault, part, had occurred and glasses(spectacles) had been ordered by mistake and wasn't it a good thing I had 'phoned!! My goods cost £159.99 ! I was assured that a reorder would be implemented immediately and a conformation email would follow;this did not happen.I have since contacted Daily Mirror customer services and Easylife customers services and order line.The dismissive,cavalier and down right rude and indifferent attitude I have experienced beggars belief, especially from one male employee.Promises of supervisors 'phoning back have been broken and the passing the buck has been the name of the gameFinally,one concerned Easylife employee had the courtesy to apologise for the total lack of interest and appalling attitude of her male colleague, with a promise to make a Manager aware of this complete and utter farce.Yet again, I'm waiting for the promised return 'phone call.This helpful lady gave me a reasonable explanation for this débâcle.However,were the other contacts ,both Daily Mirror and Easylife kept so much in the dark, or so poorly trained,regarding offers ,that they had to resort to such desperate measures and inconceivable explanations? I am not a Daily Mirror advocate : this I will be my first and last encounter .That Easylife Customer Services employee with unfortunate attitude should be reminded why he was employed and ,in the present climate, be thankful for employment.

• Daily