Immoral price increases

JoDevon's review of Redrow Homes www.redrow.co.uk

“Immoral price increases”

Written on: 28/01/2022 by JoDevon (1 review written)

Immoral price increases
I have recently tried to secure a Redrow home at Saxon brook. I went to view a property that had previously sold only 6 weeks earlier but that sale had fallen through. only to be told the price was now £20k more…. I wrote to Redrow to query this and to try and understand how this huge increase could be correct.
No real interest to help me was shown and I felt fobbed of. Surely when trying to buy a house worth over £600k a little more care and concern should be shown. If they can’t treat potential customers right I’d dread to think how they would treat you once they have your money.

• Under 5 Years

Lived in Home

Shar2607's Response to JoDevon's Review

Written on: 13/04/2022

We are presently buying a Redrow home, they have you over a barrel, we purchased 5k of extras ( downlights, kitchen items etc) apparently they needed payment immediately, even though the house isn’t ready until July and this was in January! Apparently, if you don’t exchange or your house sale falls through you do not get any money back. Redrow keep your money, the additions to the house and the add an additional fee on to the house in a case near to ours 10k. We are now learning we are on a private road and will be responsible for the maintenance. We are seriously considering pulling out even though we invested already.

Jodevon's reply to Shar2607's Comment

Written on: 13/04/2022

Omg, this is awful! I’m so shocked by how Redrow seem to continue to treat their customer.
Your experience sounds very stressful and unreasonable. I really hope you can resolve things to your satisfaction . X