Worst customer service I have ever had…

Jim63's review of Hopkins Homes www.hopkinshomes.co.uk

“Worst customer service I have ever had…”

Written on: 04/09/2021 by Jim63 (1 review written)

The worst customer service I have ever…
The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. We moved into our new £650k ‘dream’ home 6 months ago. The heating didn’t work…and it was the coldest two weeks of the year. The temperature inside the house was just 7.5 degrees. In fact it was so cold that we had to get the ambulance out for my partner who suffered the most severe asthma attack. It took over 3 weeks for Hopkins to come and fix this. No offer of a hotel but instead a complimentary loan fan heater..for a 5 bed house..!!

Six months on…we are still waiting for 7 new downstairs doors…as the gap from the bottom of the door to the floor is 30mm. We were promised these months ago..and despite several emails to customer services…not a single update on why they’re not ready. How can you get it so wrong..??

And it doesn’t stop there. Our garden was literally a lake whenever it rained. Hopkins just didn’t want to know. After months of ‘fighting’, taking pictures, recording the rain fall, they finally put French drains in. But…I even had to tell them to come back and repair the fence..!! They still haven’t finished the rest of the job either..!! On speaking with the ground workers…they acknowledged when building the house that their diggers kept getting stuck because of the poor drainage. So they were told to remove tons of wet soil and replace with dry soil hoping that we wouldn’t notice. Just shocking..!!

But the worse is I had to cancel some garden contractors…as Hopkins simply failed to show up on a date and time agreed to out the drainage in. No phone cancellation call…no apology…nothing..!! It cost me in cancellation fees and Hopkins are not interested in reimbursing me. Without doubt the most unprofessional business I have ever dealt with.

In addition, Hopkins are fully aware of my personal battle with cancer, and they are treating me like dirt. I should be focusing on my health, and instead I’m continually trying to resolve issues that have been going on for months.

What a shocking and disgusting way to run a business. Hopkins you should be ashamed..!!

I have repeatedly told Hopkins about these issues…and they just aren’t bothered.

I can honestly say that I have never dealt with a company with such a shocking and disgusting customer service operation…and I will now be taking further action. My patience has gone.

• Under 1 Year