Shocking treatment in an emergency.

AdrienneThompson's review of David Wilson Homes www.dwh.co.uk

“Shocking treatment in an emergency.”

Written on: 05/10/2020 by AdrienneThompson (1 review written)

Well I said I would do this so here goes.

Two years ago I bought a house built by this company. Last year and this year I had been flooded out but sewage and it can in out of my toilet and in through my front door after a heavy downpour of rain. The man hole covers blew off due to the water pressure and flooded and contaminated the whole of mine and my neighbours properties. The damage has been unbelievable as my carpets and some furniture has been ruined.

I and two of my neighbours had raised and emergency by email on the 1st July 2020 and to this date 5th October 2020 we still have no clarity as to when this will be rectified or when the works are to be completed. I have been passed from pillar to post with no definitive answer.

The drainage company came out to inspect the properties and after a conversation with the gentleman from the drainage company he said that the problem lyes where the surface water and sewage water is mixing together and it shouldn’t resultIng in the sewage lines being overpowered by the shear volume of water. A month later I was told by DWH that they admit their is a problem and they are looking to widen the pipes. Now I’m not being funny but why would the drainage guy say one thing knowing he is to do a report later that day to then receive an email completely contradicting themselves. So I asked for a copy of the report and have kept on asking over 10 times for a copy that report over 4 a week period and still nothing.

I have also asked them for a contact number so to speak to them but still no number given. All correspondence is to be done by email (because of CoVid) and on occasions I’ve had to wait 10 days for a response, seeing that this is an emergency I think it’s totally unacceptable especially as it involves raw sewage.

I would recommend that anyone buying one of their properties even a Barrett House for that instance as they are a subsidiary company to DWH then please let them know of an emergency a year in advance.

The treatment we are receiving is shocking and you should be ashamed of yourselves.

I have since emailed my MP and the Housing Minister and still waiting on a reply from them tut. So the only other option is to review on here and look at taking legal action.

My health has worsened because of this as I can’t sleep or go out when it rains as the fear of my pets being harmed and damage to the property and it’s contents due to the flooding issue. I also have a low immune system due to Chemotherapy and other problems and have to face dealing with raw sewage and especially since Covid I fear that I will die if I catch anything from the sewage.

I will never buy a DWH or contemplate a Barrett home ever again and I urge you to think twice before paying thousands for the shoddy customer service that you would normally expect from a reputable company.

I hope this helps people when buying one if there homes.

• Under 10 Years