A brick missing, what next?

ggFanning67's review of David Wilson Homes www.dwh.co.uk

“A brick missing, what next? ”

Written on: 01/09/2020 by ggFanning67 (1 review written)

I have bought a brand new house from them at a cost that really isn't worth it.

I am confident in doing DIY, but basically, I had to redo the entire house. The house wasn't complete at all. I will try to break this down from room to room.

Front of the house

The garden isn't flat at all, it looked like they had just thrown fresh grass down and then just left it. The path to the house wasn't straight and the door surrounding cheap plastic had cracked on install and looks horrid. Still chasing 6 months later to get it fixed. When they were building the road they put sand all in our plant bed which we had just put fresh flowers in. The response I got from the site manager "sand is good for plants you know" didn't bother to tidy up after themselves. Which just annoyed us, the lack of care just amazes me

Back garden

Yet again not flat, just rolled the magic grass out and left it. They missed out a pathing stone which took months to get from them. There was a full brick yes this isn't a typo, a full brick MISSING out the back of the house. I chased them for months about this, it was finally fixed. This really sends red flags when there is a brick missing. The fence is not straight and the garden gate doesn't shut correctly.

Garage

The garage door is dinted on install, still chasing them to fix it. The garage door handle is so stiff as the locking bars don't line up.

Kitchen

All the kitchen cupboards and draws need re-aligning. The kickboard was broken, under the sink in the cupboard they drill a hole for the pipes but it's the messiest job. The 60CM X 60CM spot for the fridge wasn't wide enough. It was 60 at the front and 59 at the back which means the wall isn't straight. I had to take the skirting board off and the door frame to get it in. Why would you build a door so close the fridge space? The flooring ripped straight away (cheap)

Bathrooms

All the flooring doesn't meet up to the skirting boards so you are left with floorboards in plain view. This is all the same in the bathrooms.

Living room

Double glazing back door glass had blown the plastic frame had cracked. Waiting on that to get fixed...

Bedrooms

All the ceiling needed sanding down as whoever flattened them off must have been drunk.

Roof windows the surrounding all cracked and the finish is so poor on install.

I have had to repaint all the woodwork in the house. I told them it needed doing, they said fine. Came round spent the whole day touching something up? Couldn't see what they did. The marks from the people who install the carpet was still there Rubbish job, goodness knows what he did? So I had to one weekend paint the whole woodwork myself properly. (One of the moments, if you want it done right, do it yourself)

Front door

Didn't lock at one point, didn't shut properly. Had to chase and chase to get them to fix it.

Went into the attic to board it out for storage, found a scaffolding plank? Waiting on them to take it away? How you can just leave it there. I do not know

Whenever I have asked them to do something, it's been a negative like I am asking too much. But you pay good money for these houses. Yet they cant even be bothered to build your house correctly or reply to your emails....

Stay well away! It's for your own good

• Under 1 Year