I love my house

MrsR5's review of Bovis Homes www.bovishomes.co.uk

“I love my house”

Written on: 04/10/2016 by MrsR5 (1 review written)

We purchased an Oxford style home and to be honest, we love it! We have had snags and still have snags and whilst it's annoying that 3 months on they are ongoing, it's not the end of the world! We have found all staff (apart from one - area sales) helpful and they want to provide a good service and they want us to be happy.

Too many people write bad reviews but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is chuffed to bits with their house.

By the way, I do have high standards before I get slated for this review!!

• Under 1 Year

Lived in Home

Mike.south777's Response to MrsR5's Review

Written on: 05/10/2016

Call me a cynic but would you know a construction fault when you saw it? It may look pretty but will it fall down in a couple of years time? We have houses with tiles falling off the roof, blocked drains, damp and several contraventions of NHBC specs! Linden Homes have the same problems because they use the same poor contractors!

Mrsr5's reply to Mike.south777's Comment

Written on: 05/10/2016

My house doesn't appear to be falling down yet! I see what you are saying, but overall, I'm a happy BOVIS customer!

Mike.south777's reply to Mrsr5's Comment

Written on: 11/10/2016

I have been in my house 10 months and still have 20 snags to sort out including several contraventions of NHBC standards! On our site I have less snags than many of my neighbours! I hope you are just as happy in 3 years time when your builder's guarantee period is over? Personally I am not taking that chance!

Pardonme's Response to MrsR5's Review

Written on: 14/06/2019

I am very happy that you don't have many problems with your home and I am sorry that you feel there are too many bad reviews but you don't live in the other people’s house so you can’t make a judgement. I have had hell in my home, I have now been living in my home for a few years now and the problems are still continuing. I found out that a pipe that was hidden in the walls was leaking, all because Bovis Homes couldn’t be bothered to put a joint on the pipe and the rubbish that they dumped inside the walls became dislodged, knocked the pipe that was not tightened because it did not have a joint attached so it made the pipe leak. I had to pay a lot of money to have this serious problem sorted as Bovis Homes did not want anything to do with my complaint, although it was clearly their fault. So I hope you stay happy in your home and don't have a problem.