Houseofbrokenpromises.net is what Bovis delivered to us

Houseofbrokenpromises.net's review of Bovis Homes www.bovishomes.co.uk

“Houseofbrokenpromises.net is what Bovis delivered to us”

Written on: 28/03/2021 by Houseofbrokenpromises.net (1 review written)

Houseofbrokenpromises.net is the perfect words to describe what we have experienced. Moving into our forever home back in Dec 2018 should have been one of the most happiest moments of our lives. It was what we had dreamed of. This was what we had worked so hard all our lives for. It is what every new home owner wants to feel - a sense of achievement and relief. This was far from the truth. Standing in the doorway of our new home, my husband said what exactly I was thinking ... "Oh ****, what have we done...." We could never have ever expected, from that moment on, that our lives would be changed forever...

Breach of Regulations ...
Within weeks, we had pages of issues raised with Bovis. Months later, we uncovered numerous serious breaches of Regulations, which to this day, after 2 years, are still outstanding causing more damage to the property. We longed to put our stamp on our new home, but couldn't until all the major issues have been resolved. The property, in its current state is non-compliant to Building Regulations and NHBC Technical Requirements and therefore is unsaleable unless these issues are corrected. By not rectifying the current non-compliant issues, Bovis has breached the legal contract for sale which states in condition 7 that “ the seller will construct the dwelling in a good and workmanlike manner; in accordance with planning permission and building regulations approval; to the standards required by the National House Building Council (NHBC)."

Our current outstanding snag list is 52 pages long. Issues raised with a developer, within the first 2 years of warranty, must be put right by them to meet the responsibilities of Section 2 of the Buildmark. Therefore, the ultimate question is, why has this not been the case? We have concrete evidence including an Expert Witness Report by an independent FRICS Surveyor with over 35 years post qualification experience of construction and property matters. We even have written confirmations, which in a court of law is legally binding. Yet still they want to ignore us. I should be resting as I'm battling an incurable cancer, but I can't because I'm also fighting Bovis with this injustice. Read about our nightmare experience at houseofbrokenpromises.net Share to help us and others get heard. Thank you.