12 years of reliable cycling

Sincerec124's review of Apollo FS 26

“12 years of reliable cycling”

Written on: 02/07/2019 by Sincerec124 (1 review written)

I have had this bike 12 years, over that time it has taken some abuse. I have replaced brake levers with Clarks metal short leavers so you can break with 1-2 fingers. Suspension is terrible, it is like a pogo stick although now the front forks don't really work that well anymore and the back coil had worn out and couldn't be replaced. I went to Halfords and they were really helpful and just took one off a cheap bike as generally the bike isn't supposed to last that long. I have had a new back wheel, three bottom brackets and new tyres but it refuses to die. I have done 30 miles in one go many times on this bike and often that is off road, very light trails but for a laugh I have taken it on red routes and definitely just falls to bits, so don't try! I also use this bike for short 1-2 mile trips to the shops and pull a childrens trailer with it. I must of spent £70-80 fixing it over 12 years on top of the £89 it cost new so I would call that good value. Some of these cheaper bikes are actually have fairly strong frames. I would get a cheap rigid and upgrade wheels, bottom bracket and brakes and you actually have a good work horse on the cheap.