Suzuki Bandit GSF600S 1998

• Build quality

• Reliability

Raphael169's review of Suzuki GSF BANDIT K4 600

“Suzuki Bandit GSF600S 1998”

Written on: 21/02/2020 by Raphael169 (1 review written)

I bought my Bandit from a local bike shop, Christchurch Motorcycles, after about 6 or 7 years without a bike. I had just moved, and the heavy traffic in the area meant I could get to work faster by walking.
I saw the Bandit and couldn't believe its condition. It had 18,000 miles on the clock and was in almost showroom condition, with full service history. I had to have it.. Bandits are quite heavy bikes, solidly made but they really are fun to ride, with great handling, plenty of power and decent brakes and lights. They're also a great bike for the DIY'er, with easily accessable engine and easy to adjust valves. Mine returned 54 mpg pretty much all the time. They're very practical bikes too, with bungee hooks under the seat and are big enough to strap on bags and topbox etc.
I rode mine up to Scotland one summer to visit family and it was ultra reliable and comfy with no problems, and I could still walk when I got there! The only problem I had with mine was a carburetor icing up and causing a slight misfire - a carb. heater had packed up, easily fixed for about a tenner and 10 minutes with a spanner.
After 2 winters under a cover the finish stood up well, and I remember riding it one winter on shiny black ice on a local side road, with the bike and myself staying upright! Would I have another? Definiteley, they're great bikes!

• 1998

Year Manufactured

• 2 years

Length of ownership

• Build quality

• Reliability

2Wheellover51's Comment

Written on: 21/02/2020

Can't understand why my review is headed "Raphael169'"s review...