MCE Car & Motorcycle Insurance www.mceinsurance.com Review

• Customer service

pauldleigh's review of MCE Car & Motorcycle Insurance www.mceinsurance.com

“I had the misfortune of using MCE last year.... They...”

Written on: 15/06/2020 by pauldleigh (2 reviews written)

I had the misfortune of using MCE last year.... They always show up cheapest on price comparison websites but there is so much negative stuff online about them that that I'm amazed they are still allowed to trade.

I rang them asking about fees for change of address on my sons insurance (which i pay for) because he was thinking about living with his mother in the new year (this was Sept) MCE told me he would have to ring when he moved so i left it... A month later my son got a letter saying his insurance had been cancelled because he didn't tell them me had moved ( he hadn't) they refunded £190 out of £875 policy that had run for just 2 months claiming their T&C's say they can keep 80% of cancelled policies.

He explained he hadn't moved and asked the policy be reinstated... they said this was impossible and he would need to pay again for a new policy even though it was their fault.

We did get a full refund in the end after reporting to the ombudsman and making a fuss on social media but apparently they do this a lot as well as bait and switch where they'll contact you saying there is an error in the info provided and you have to pay X amount more making the policy more expensive than competitors who you didn't choose..

Another thing is texting/emailing you asking you to ring them, but it's a premium rate number and people have reported £50 bills for the call

MCE need shutting down