Slow start, happy now

• Customer service

Biker120's review of MCE Car & Motorcycle Insurance www.mceinsurance.com

“Slow start, happy now”

Written on: 16/10/2018 by Biker120 (1 review written)

MCE motorbike accident claim.

The accident I had involved running into the back of my mate while pulling away from a junction. The speed was minimal but we both ended up on the floor. My bike was damaged to the point that it was loosing oil so not ride able. Being a member the AA were summoned and I got the bike and myself relayed home. So far so good. Now to call MCE and tell them about my sorry tale. Oh dear the claim line is experiencing difficulties, can you call later. Many days passed before I was able to give my details to the claims department. System problem apparently. Not very good.

However moving forward. I was contacted by a very straight forward and understanding member of the MCE 'first party claims' department, namely employee number 4878. He understood that not every one has an accident on a frequent basis, and that I did not automatically know what to do. He explained each step carefully and kept me informed with regular up-dates by mail or phone, and patiently answered the numpty questions I frequently asked. At no time was I left in the dark with regard to what MCE would do.

With some sadness my bike was judged a total loss. MCE gave me the options regarding financial compensation and once I had considered and made my choice payment was authorised quickly. For me the valuation was very fair.

Thank you again 4878 for being a great bloke. I do hope that I don't have to make a claim in the future but if I did I hope you will be on my case.

The only issue that I have is my mate, also insured with MCE is not having the same service and result. Still waiting for authorisation for his repairs after 8 weeks.

Have you made a claim?