Exceeded my Expectation

• Customer service

Guest's review of MCE Car & Motorcycle Insurance www.mceinsurance.com

“Exceeded my Expectation”

Written on: 22/08/2018

Having not made an insurance claim since the dinosaurs where roaming my expectation was for a long, laboursome and difficult process. However I have been pleasantly surprised. (Though I do have a couple of niggles). Lets start with the good. The process all in all took 4 weeks from inception to settlement. I expected longer. The communication post initial claim has been good from operative 4789 at MCE. I have not had to chase at any stage and the information requested has been clear. Email and phone both efficient and the valuation and offer was fair and well explained. Payment was advised would take up to 10 working days and I received in 5, thankyou.
There are a couple of niggles, one is minor and the other may help improve your service. The minor niggle is the request for paperwork was repeated on a couple of occasions, but I think this was due to a crossover of operative at MCE.
The other niggle was the initial claim process. Having had the unfortunate and annoying accident I contacted MCE to see what I needed to do to arrange for the recovery of my bike, which was unrideable. Bearing in mind I had just had the accident 10 minutes earlier and was fairly bumped and bruised I believe you have your process the wrong way around. Upon making the call I was told I needed to process the warranty claim. This took some time and I did explain I had literally just fallen of my bike. After we completed the telephone claim I was then transferred to MCE's recovery dept. who then proceeded to ask me the same questions. This annoyed me slightly as all I wanted to do was get the bike recovered and get home to nurse my wounds. Upon finishing with MCE's recovery dept. I was then transferred to the third party recovery company to arrange the bike pick up. This whole process from accident to pick up took 2.75 hours?? Fortunately it was a summers evening both light and dry. I cannot recall once being asked of my welfare, did I need medical assistance or how I would get home. I had to ask what assistance MCE gave to get me the 50 miles I needed to go to get home. Which was a lift to the nearest bus or train station (fair enough). Could I suggest you somehow turn this around so the bike collection is on route whilst the claim is being processed. This would save me standing on the side of a gradually getting darker country road in the middle of nowhere for to long.
However I was appreciative of the service and in general very pleased with everything done by MCE.

Have you made a claim?