Ridiculously expensive & corrupt

• Customer service

TwistedHelix's review of Lexham - www.lexhaminsurance.co.uk

“Ridiculously expensive and corrupt”

Written on: 17/01/2014 by TwistedHelix (7 reviews written)

My first 125cc was bought, and I was advised to go with Lexham from the shop that sold me it. Original premium was £790 ish (I found slightly cheaper but as this company was recommended thought id take the hit)

Wow I was wrong.

Had a claim. Won. Yet I don't get any NCB/NCD. Turns out it doesn't matter who is at fault, by simply having a claim on your file, regardless of fault, removes all NCB/NCD chances. Yes you read that correctly. If a drunk guy drives his car into your bike when you're not even on it, and you claim off HIS insurance and haven't cost Lexham a penny, they STILL remove your NCB's or don't let you get your first years NCB.

My mileage went over in the last month of the policy, and thought "don't want to risk being in an accident with false details of mileage estimation" so admitted I was over and just needed another 1000 miles. Turns out it's £1 a mile.

All in all, for a 125cc motorbike, my policy came to nearly £2000. Lost the capability of getting my first years NCB even though I wasn't at fault as declared by both insurers. Terrible service that took 9 months to deal with the claim, that was so straight forwardly not my fault it beggard belief how it took so long.

They say they specialise in 125 cc motorbikes. I can believe it too. If a 125cc costs £2000 for average mileage I daren't think what a 1000cc machine with average-high mileage policy would cost. £150k maybe?

Have you made a claim?

• Customer service

Ben101990's Response to TwistedHelix's Review

Written on: 07/08/2014

But when you say about the claim it isn't to do with Lexham it is to do with the insurer not the broker? That's what I was made to believe with insurance. It also didn't cost me £1 a mile and I was covered for 10000 ? I found Lexhams service brilliant!