How to exploit Bikers by Devitt

• Customer service

EvieSelf's review of Devitt Insurance Services - www.devittinsurance.com

“How to exploit Bikers by Devitt”

Written on: 30/10/2018 by EvieSelf (1 review written)

To anyone who is a new rider or just at the beginning of their motorcycle career I would give a very strong warning....Don't insure yourself through this company of brokers. I purchased Class 1 Business insurance with Devitt in June 2018 on a 125cc motorcycle. I passed my MOD 1 & 2 in July but stayed on the 125 until I had decided which bike to upgrade to. Contacted Devitt on this week to change to a BMW G310R that I have purchased, just awaiting delivery. I was initially informed that I would not be able to be insured on this motorbike but they would look into it further. So I pay to have a factory Data TracKing GPS fitted and order Thatcham approved Mammoth Disk Lock and Mammoth heavy duty chain thinking that level of added security would help.....WRONG...not even when I arranged to park the bike in a storage garage locally (that holds thousands of pounds of company equipment) overnight. I was instead offered a new policy at a very very high market rate, almost double other quotes I've received. Oh and I would need to cancel my existing policy to be able to use my three years No Claims Bonus which would lead to cancellation charges.
So a day before I receive my beautiful new ride instead of a smile I have a pain in the neck. I would say be very wary of a company who claims to have been supporting bikers since 1936 but clearly is unable to help newbies....

Have you made a claim?