£50 fee to cancel a fully paid policy!

• Customer service

FJTW's review of Devitt Insurance Services - www.devittinsurance.com

“£50 fee to cancel a fully paid policy!”

Written on: 04/04/2018 by FJTW (1 review written)

£50 to cancel a fully paid up policy.

I had issues with Devitt a few months ago - they were a problem on the phone, but a quick complaint resolved things. I somewhat foolishly changed my review. I wish I hadn't.

Annual policy with Devitt. Paid in full when taking it out. I am looking at cancelling the policy, selling the bike,and doing something different.

To cancel the policy, therefore taking on no risk for the remaining 9 months, they want a £50 cancellation fee. To literally STOP providing cover.

The whole policy was under £100. That explains it really - the moment you contact them, they just want to take your money.

I simply can't understand how they are still in business.

I've got, all being well, another 30-40 years of insuring vehicles left in my lifespan. I sure won't be using this lot again.

Think of it another way - you pay for a service up front, in full, for 12 months. Say you paid a window cleaner to come and keep your windows clean for 12 months. 3 months in, you say 'Thank you very much, I don't need my windows cleaned anymore' and he says well that's fine, I won't provide my service to you, but I want £50 for NOT doing anything for you, even though you've paid for 12 months of my service'.

It's just incomprehensible.

I'm so infuriated with these jokers that I had to write this down. I urge you, whatever you think you'll save in money, it's not worth using these people.

I'll be talking to every biker I know and pleading with them not to do it.

I'm not usually remotely petty, but there is little I can do but to leave them negative reviews anywhere I can find, and warn all my friends.

Have you made a claim?