Avoid

• How wide is the range of bikes available?

• Customer service

Jovany1961's review of Rite Bike - www.rite-bike.co.uk

“Avoid”

Written on: 05/07/2021 by Jovany1961 (1 review written)

When I first enquired about a GSX1400…

When I first enquired about a GSX1400 they were selling I was told I'd need to put down a £200 deposit to hold the bike as it was in demand.

I explained that my driving licence was being renewed and would take some time as the DVA were busy helping with Covid vaccination booking, but I did have my passport etc.

I was assured that wasn't a problem so I sent numerous copies of documents to lieu of my licence.

I had to keep emailing and ringing as I heard nothing from him.

A couple of weeks later I got a week old email sent to me stating that CB needed my licence.

I did query about the CB request being a week old. We're busy is the reply I got.

Eventually I said 'keep it and told Close Brothers to stick their finance.

Bearing in mind the bike was £5,990 and I was paying a £3,500 deposit it seemed odd to me as I've had previous finance with CB.

Thankfully I've took delivery of an amazing GSX1400 from another English company.
When I looked back on their site and seen the bike I was supposed to be getting from Ritebike dropping by £600 before it disappeared from their website I was happy that I'd missed buying a 'pig in a poke.'

My partner was right in saying I've been lucky to have avoided a bad deal.

My tip is to zoom in on the pictures. . . You might see things like sprayed rear cogs and bolts to make them look good.

Unless you can physically put hands on the bike I'd advice you to go elsewhere.