Dreadful

Hackedofff's review of The Virgin One Account Mortgage www.oneaccount.com

“Dreadful”

Written on: 10/12/2019 by Hackedofff (1 review written)

We have been with them for years and, recently ported the mortgage to a new property. When my wife tried to pay for the weekly shop, there were more hoops to jump through than an army dog on a display performance. Because she couldn’t immediately recall whether she had used the card in the past couple of days, they refused to honour the payment and, put a stop on her debit card. They have also put a stop on mine, even though I have not failed any security check. They have refused to remove the stop or issue new cards and are insisting we go in to a branch. Initially, they refused to register a complaint until we have been in to the branch until I advised them this would be a breach of FCA rules. Of course, there is no stop on the credit cards associated with the account so, we can go on a spending spree with money we might not have but, cannot use the cards where we have to have money in the account in order to do so. Not quite sure there is much logic to this. Going in to a branch is not convenient so, we cannot access our money until they have handled the complaint or, we have re-mortgaged, whichever is quicker.

I would avoid them at all costs.