Not as promised

Valerie22's review of Kensington Mortgages www.kmc.co.uk

“Not as promised”

Written on: 29/08/2019 by Valerie22 (1 review written)

I was called on the 21.08 by Enact, Kensington's Solicitors to confirm that my re-mortgage would complete on the 29.08 and funds available in accounts by 4pm. This however is not the case. I have today (29.08) been called by Kensington's solicitors Enact that the mortgage has been confirmed for release on the 02.09.
At this point I informed them that I have a call on the 21.08 confirming today (29.08) as the completion date, so what is happening. At this point Enact put me on hold to find out whats going on, expecting me to be happy with the completion date, errrr read your notes!!! They then came back to confirm as I own both the freehold and leasehold they were awaiting the valuer to come back and confirm that the value he put on the property was still correct (I only bought it 2 years ago and had a valuation on it!) Which I told them I could provide! To be told this on the day you expect the re-mortgage to go through is not goo enough. When I questioned this with Enact they told me that I would need to speak to Kensington direct. I did this and Kensington told me they dont deal with the public and I need to go through Enact!!!! I mean come on!!! As you can imagine enact are sticking to what Kensington have told them, even though this is no fault of my own. This now means that I am now having to shift funds around to make sure that there is sufficient funds in my account for my existing mortgage payment to be taken, so this does not effect my credit rating, so that it can then be refunded to me withing 5-7 working days. I ask why should I be out of pocket for something that they have over looked. Overall I am not impressed and as soon as I can re-mortgage with another lender without being penalized this is what I am already looking into. Not impressed with the service received from either Kensington or their solicitors Enact. There is a certain reason why people need to use these lenders and not many would be in a situation where I am, where I can transfer funds, meaning that it would affect their credit rating in a negative way, which is why you have to go to these lenders in the first place. Kensington need to be more on the ball, rather than trying to affect people in a negative way. Cant wait to move lenders already!!

• Fixed rate