DO NOT EVEN BOTHER!!!!!!

frustrated.com's review of HSBC Mortgage https://mortgages.hsbc.co.uk

“DO NOT EVEN BOTHER!!!!!!”

Written on: 18/05/2012 by frustrated.com (1 review written)

Our initial over the phone application was straight forward, after 1 3/4 hours we were told the paperwork would be with us within 3 days and this happened. However trying to organise a meeting in branch to confirm idenities proved to be unsuccessful and eventually we had to go in branch just to make an appointment.

We went and handed in all paperwork at the branch and they sent it through internal mail and we had a call to say they have received it and it has been sent to the underwriters. We chased them up a few days later and was told that no one was even looking at our application and someone would call us back within the hour. This did not happen and this has been HSBC's staple answer throughout, someone will call you back. This NEVER happens!!!

Eventually my husband spoke to someone willing to discuss our application who informed us they needed questions answered by myself and I need to call to discuss, which I done within 10 minutes to be told no one can help me I have to wait for one person to call us back, she NEVER does. I then rang an hour later and actually got someone helpful and she took down the information needed.

To cut a long story short we have cancelled our application and are going somewhere else.

As first time buyers we are attractive as it should be a shorter process, however this is now not the case thanks to HSBC.

We will NEVER use HSBC for anything else.

• Variable rate