Avoid Avoid Avoid

Guest's review of HSBC Mortgage https://mortgages.hsbc.co.uk

“Avoid Avoid Avoid”

Written on: 16/05/2012

Accepted an offer on our property from FTBs early feb, provided intial paperwork at start of March. Had an offer accepted on a property mid March, our vendors found somewhere a few weeks later. It's now May, our conveyancing was complete 3 weeks ago and my Sol has drawn the mortgage ready for completion based on dates we agreed in feb. Our vendors conveyancing is complete, they are ready to go and their vendors are ready to go too.

Only this week, after chasing, do I find that HSBC haven't even looked at the file. To be fair, I'm not sure when it was sent to them, suspect last week, but it's looking like we won't hit dates that were agreed 14 weeks ago, partly due to HSBC and partly due to our buyers sol. Despite HSBCs Standard requirements stating 11 working days notice (from what to what I'm not sure), our buyers seem completely unaware of that. It seems virtually impossible to get any kind of feedback from HSBC on when things might be looked at or when we might be in a position to exchange.

Not impressed!