Diabolical service

Guest's review of HSBC Mortgage https://mortgages.hsbc.co.uk

“Diabolical service”

Written on: 16/05/2012

My whole chain hangs in the balance today. I do not need a mortgage and was buying a vacant possession property, I accepted the offer from my buyers on the strict understanding as they were primarily cash purchasers that we could exchange and complete quickly. Then they decided to take a small HSBC mortgage. Suffice to say they did not exchange on the agreed date, thus I am substantially out of pocket having accepted a much lower than market value offer to secure a quick sale. I have now watched 2 potential removal dates go by, as we wait on the Countrywide checklist and procedures. My solicitor has warned me, that even if by some miracle we did exchange this week, it will be 10 working days thereafter to complete because of the excessive delays to drawing down the funds from HSBC after their panel solicitors have completed their protracted procedures. If you have a buyer who tells you they are seeking a mortgage through HSBC then allow yourself plenty of time, otherwise you could end up in the same predicament I am in, a house completely packed (certainly not a show home now) and no exchange on the horizon.

• Fixed rate