Shambolic... Please do not use HSBC.

Acteon77's review of HSBC Mortgage https://mortgages.hsbc.co.uk

“Shambolic... Please do not use HSBC.”

Written on: 21/04/2012 by Acteon77 (1 review written)

HSBC offer very competitive rates and I have banked with them for years. So to choose my mortgage with them was an easy decision. In hind site I wish I had gone elsewhere. Any monies saved over the next 5 years has gone up front. HSBC use their own solicitors which you have to pay towards. Three months ago my solicitor sent over everything that was requested I asked my mortgage advisor if they had everything. Yes he said although I do need a completion date which I gave. For the past month and a half I have asked them to confirm they have everything. Every few days they decide they want something else. After telling me they have everything more than several times.

I have had to have searches re-done, due to them not having the required information. The joke goes on and on. Even the HSBC mortgage advisor says this is Parr for the course, or business as usual. Shame he did not tell me this when I first enquired. Due to an HSBC error I was not entitled to the January sale... they first made me talk to an unqualified mortgage advisor who gave me great rate that I couldn't have... my first HSBC complaint. Cost £250 using HSBC solicitors who are useless £250. Charge from my solicitors for HSBC messing around £300. I may still potentially lose my flat as the seller is worried I am messing around. The hold up is purely HSBC solicitors.

My advise DO NOT USE HSBC MORTGAGE. I WILL COST MORE OVER THE FIRST 3-5 YEARS. WITH MONEY OUT UPFRONT.

• Tracker