Avoid Platform like the plague

Tainer's review of Co-operative Bank Mortgage

“Avoid Platform like the plague”

Written on: 01/12/2021 by Tainer (1 review written)

Platform mortgages provide a disturbingly shocking service. This company go to quite extreme lengths to stop you from contacting them. They hide their email addresses so that you can only contact by Fax, letter or phone. No one owns a fax machine anymore and like most people I do not own a printer! They ensure that you cannot contact them by phone with some of the most extreme hold times I've ever come across. You will literally never get through no matter what day you try. Your only option is the snail mail.

They eventually cost me money by failing to send a redemption statement to my new provider despite repeatedly being asked. They insisted that they would send by fax which is laughable in this day and age. They then owed me an additional month's mortgage payment which I overpaid as a result of their delays. This was 2 months ago. They promised to return the money but never did so. I'm sure they'll just hope I give up and keep the money. I've tried calling them on multiple days at multiple times, morning and afternoon, it doesn't matter. I eventually give up after an hour like anyone would.

• Fixed rate