Poor Service, the broker left me with poor credit.

Vahideh's review of Sequence Homes (Barnard Marcus)

“Poor Service, the broker left me with poor credit.”

Written on: 15/03/2017 by Vahideh (1 review written)

Do not trust the mortgage broker at this estate agents!

I had a meeting on 4th February 2017, she suggested she does a 'soft' search on me and my partner. I wasn't sure what exactly this meant but I explained to her that I did not want this to affect my credit scoring in any way whatsoever, and I was very pedantic about this. She reassured me numerous times that it will not show AT ALL. I then checked my credit file a week later to find my score had gone done with a comment stating that 'a HARD search has been made...' It turned out that she wrongly instructed Accord Mortgages and it meant that my credit file was affected as some information on there were incorrect. She once again falsely reassured me that if they (she and Accord Mortgages) make the changes within 30 days then it will not show up as another credit check on my file.

Since then, I had been chasing her via email and calls, and barely ever getting responses. Each time I had a 2 minute conversation with her on the phone, I had been chasing her for at least over a week beforehand.

She has today said to me that there is nothing that can be done. It has now way over a month.

Moreover, the other staff at Brown & Merry don't seem to care about the level service she provides either, as they were happy to constantly tell me that she is either away from the office, on another call, or in a meeting. Which would have been fine if she actually ever returned my calls!

Very poor service. I will never recommend and will encourage everyone to go to another estate agents and broker if they can.

Is there a fee?